LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any way to compile a FPGA's vi using teststand ?

Hi all,
I want to force compile a serie of FPGA VIs using testsand. Does anybody has an idea on how-to do so ?
Thanx !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,839 Views)
Hello,

You cannot do this because in order to compile a LabVIEW FPGA VI you need to open the embedded project manager and compile it from there. You have the option to use a remote compile server but you still need to call the embedded project manager. The problem is that you cannot call this project manager from Testand or from a LabVIEW VI.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,828 Views)
Hello,

I made a mistake. I just found that you can call the embedded project manager from Testand. Look for the VI called Emb_Project_UI.vi and have Testand run it. That will run the embedded project manager.
Hope this helps.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,820 Views)
Thanx a lot for your answer 😉 !
But, it seems that there is something missing : this ("Emb_Project_UI.vi") vi's architecture is protected (I think that all NI vis are password protected). its interface doesn't contain any way to launch it from teststand or another VI, this make automating Vi compiling not possible using it ! there is also another Vi "_Launch_Emb_Project_UI.vi" that I'm curious about it! I don't know if this Vi can help for automating embedded project's launch !
in anycase, I'm sure that it is really important to automate FPGA's Vi comiling (it's a too slow and repeatif task )! I think that preventing this possibility in labview is something important and funny !
Thanx a lot for your help !
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. Right now we are in the final process of releasing a tool that could help you. I am not able to give you a specific detail or date because it still has to go through the review process. It is going to be password protected utility but it might help you.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,799 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. Right now we are in the final process of releasing a tool that could help you. I am not able to give you a specific detail or date because it still has to go through the review process. It is going to be password protected utility but it might help you.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,796 Views)