From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a vi available for input/output using the AWG (PXI 5421) and DIG (PXI 5122)?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am looking for a vi that applies an input signal through the AWG (PXI 5421) and measures the output through the DIG (PXI 5122). In particular, I am trying to apply an input through a multiplexer, then close that channel of the multiplexer through which the input came, and then measure the output signal using the DIG.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,879 Views)
You just have to install NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE. These are on your LabVIEW CD/DVD (Modular Instruments section, I think), came with the instruments, or you can download them. The functions will be on your Instrument I/O>Instrument Drivers palette.
Message 2 of 7
(2,862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepjunior

Hello Deepjunior,

I understand that you wish to find an application that will output on an AWG device and acquire on a digitizer at the same time. While there are numerous methods for doing this, the simplest place to start would be to just take a simple niFgen example and a simple niScope example and run them together or combine them. Depending on exactly what your application requires, you may need to implement extra features, but this is a good starting point.

In particular, you can find an example of this from the Developer Zone Example Program: NI-TCLK Synchronize AWG and High-Speed Digitizer. This example basically combines a couple of niFgen and niScope examples together and uses the NI-TCLK API to synchronize the devices. I would recommend taking a look at the program and trying to begin from there. Hope this helps,

Daniel S.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 7
(2,852 Views)
Thanks, Dan. This is exactly what I was looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,841 Views)
Thanks, Dennis, for your suggestion. I already installed the drivers. It was the example code (as Dan has mentioned) that I was looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,839 Views)
I have to pass a waveform from Labview to AWG420 and I don't know own how I do it....Does somebody know how do it????

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,646 Views)

This is an old thread and since you are using a Tek AWG, your question is completely off-topic.

Since there is no driver for it, you might want to look at the code for another model such as the AWG520. Get the programming manual and you can use the Instrument I/O Assistant, write your own driver (really not that hard), or just implement the commands you need with VISA Writes/Reads.

Edit: Sorry, the AWG520 driver is an IVI driver so unless yo have CVI, you won't be able to view the code. There may be other Tek drivers with code but you will still have to rely on the manual.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 06-13-2009 09:09 AM
Message 7 of 7
(2,635 Views)