LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to insert special symbols in the text of a control label

Solved!
Go to solution

Can I insert an extended ascii character such as the 'degree' symbol (0xF8) in the label of a front panel control?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,727 Views)

I have had good luck using the Character Map in Windoze.  Start Menu -> Accessories -> System Tools.  Simple Copy and Paste.

InsertSymbol.PNG

Message 2 of 6
(7,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rls9642

If you know the ASCII code as a decimal number.  F8 is equal to 176, then hold down the Alt key and type in the number as 4 digits on the numeric pad.

So Alt-0176 on the numpad enters the character directly without having to mess with the character map application.

Another good one to know is Alt-0177 which is ± (plus/minus symbol).

Message 3 of 6
(7,692 Views)

Thanks Darin and Ravens Fan for the timely response. Both suggestions are good solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,669 Views)

Just a small correction: We should read Windows, not Windoze.

In the case of Windows 10, the Acessories are nowadays called Windows Acessories. So, to find the Character Map, start localizing the Windows Acessories in the letter "W"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,403 Views)

@mcgs wrote:

In the case of Windows 10, the Acessories are nowadays called Windows Acessories. So, to find the Character Map, start localizing the Windows Acessories in the letter "W"

Yes, Microsoft has improved the location of the various tools over the last 10 years (did you notice the age of this thread??? :o), but there is no need to browse the start menu, just start typing "charmap" in the search box and it will typically show after entering about 4-5 characters. Much faster. 😉

I have no idea what [... start localizing the Windows Acessories in the letter "W"...] even means.

@mcgs wrote:

Just a small correction: We should read Windows, not Windoze.

Windoze is a well known term of endearment. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,398 Views)