LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to call one mathscript function from another?

HI iam bahrath..i need call the operation takin place in one mathscript in another..is it possible?pls help..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,576 Views)
Hi BHARATHIN…,
can you please explain a little bit more about your entire project? What do you try to do? Do you want to use LabView or Matlab?
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,574 Views)

Probably Labview..

The answer is (likely) yes, but we'd need to understand what you are trying to do.

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 05-27-2008 08:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,568 Views)
Thanks for your concern..let me explain my project.Iam actually developing a system which provides the stress strain relationship of a material..For calculating strain which is nonlinear in this case we are using image processing techniques.We take a picture of the system initially with light markers and we find the centroid of all the markers(i use four of them).After the force is applied on the particle the centroid of the markers change as the marker positions change.I use this change in the centroid and calculate the strain.Now, 90% of the code is ready in matlab(jus capturing image and usin is needed).But i have been asked to implement it in labview.so iam tryin to put the code in mathscript and try.But the problem i face is incompatibility of many functions like imshow,input etc.so im implementin parts of the code inlabview mwthod and rest in mathscript.In matlab code i have two files and call the function in in another file from one file..thus i thought i might use two mathscripts and call one from the other..pls help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,540 Views)
Hello,

It is certainly possible to call one .m file from another.  The "MathScript using Riemann Zeta" example shows how to do this.  The VI calls zeta.m which in turn calls eta.m.  You will likely need to set the search path to tell LabVIEW MathScript where to find your .m files.  Which version of LabVIEW are you using?  In LabVIEW 8.5, you can set the search path for the MathScript node by going to Tools >> Options and clicking on "MathScript: Search Paths" in the Category list.  Simply add the directories containing your .m files on the right side.

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW Math & Signal Processing | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,508 Views)