From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible in Labview? Suggest me...

Hi,

i am thinking to do in labview for our production controlling. I have some pupms that can generate noise when stroke touches the inside mechanical parts. I am  adjusting this noise by adjusting the stroke length manuvally in soft ware and then they prepared for selling. But, why not i can make a automated system that can calibrate these noise. SO, i think i can take some sound sensor which can handle 50db- 120 db sound. and the sound in 50-70db means no noise, if i hit other range then its noise by touching mechanical part. i think i can get the data from sound sensor to labview and make the adjustment automatically. Here i have some questions?

1) choosing sound senor and can it differenciate two sounds? please give me some sound sensors if someone know. Note: i would like to use sensor as externally.

2) If i am write with above, how can i get data to labview from sensor?

Please help me .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 73
(4,039 Views)

Please some suggest me. I don't know in which way i can do this task. If someone don't undesrstand, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 73
(4,023 Views)

HI,

This can be achieved in LabVIEW, you can use sound sensor connected to a DSA module whic can acquire sound signal and the data can be displayed in LabVIEW. See here More details also here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 73
(4,013 Views)

I saw it before and the prise level is so high. Is there any other way to proceed by using DAQ or some other.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 73
(4,006 Views)

The motor is giving noise for some certain stroke levels and be noiseless for some range of strokes. Manually, I am calibrating by writing some noiseless stroke value to motor and fixing it inside that value until the rest of life. Now, I have an idea that by using external sound senor to track the noise values for new motors and programatically adjust the noiseless stroke value to motor from labview.  Here, I am already communicating with motor by SERIAL communication and how can I get the data again from external sensor to labview to adjust it. Please some one suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 73
(3,992 Views)

For that i think you need to have PCI/PXI data acquistion card (may be PCI/PXI-4472) installed in your system where in it can acquire the signals.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 73
(3,987 Views)

I don't have any idea about PCX/PCI card reader. i am searching for sound sensor from three days and still can't get one. Even i verrified in NI given web sites. No use. can some one help me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 73
(3,979 Views)

So is your question really about suggestions on a sound sensor rather than on a LabVIEW program? You previously said that you had looked at the link that GITA_A had given you and that the price was "too high". What is "too high" for you? $10? $20? 50?

A sound sensor can be made up from a crystal microphone and a couple of op-amps, depending on the sensitivity you need. There are tons of circuits on the net. So, if you wanted to just build one yourself you probably could from about $10 in parts. Or you could go with a USB-based solution like this one: http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1133

Message 8 of 73
(3,968 Views)

What about a normal microphone (possibly some special since 120 dB is alot) where you check total volume?

<70 dB = everything is fine

>70 dB = Noise

You only really need 2 reference points, 1 for normal run and one for noisy run. Noise limit will be the average between the two.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 73
(3,963 Views)

You might be better off with an accelerometer.  If fastened to the pump (by a magnet?), it would only pick up vibrations of the pump and not be sensitive to ambient noise.  I did a vibration test system many years ago with mostly analog electronics which used this method.  It replaced a manual method where the inspectors listened to the machines for gear, bearing, and impact noises.  I do not have a specific part recommendation, but there are many types of accelerometers available.  Although you seem to be sensitive to price, do not buy something so cheap that it is not robust enough to last on your assembly line.  Sometimes the people who work on the lines are not as gentle with test equipment as you might prefer.

Lynn

Message 10 of 73
(3,945 Views)