LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid access to memory location after Upgrade to 8.0

Hello,

After upgrading to LabView 8.0 I have come across an error in one of my VIs.

Upon opening the VI i get an error referencing a DLL ( I wrote this DLL in c/C++)

"Error Loading xxxxxx.dll"
Invalid Access to Memory Location

after pressing "OK", I get:

LabView Generic Error.
the file 'xxxxxx.dll' is not a valid LabVIEW file

However, this VI & dll worked fine on my labview 7.0 installation.

Also, I used the "filemon" utility suggested by some here to monitor what was going on and all DLL calls seemed to return success except a few calls to the VI calling the DLL returned "Buffer Overflow" (Again, I had no problems with this VI in labview 7.0):

QUERY INFORMATION  XXXXX.vi   BUFFER OVERFLOW FileAllInformation

Please Help. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,718 Views)

Hi,

Do you happen to have the error numbers for these errors? Also, if you delete the Call Library Function Node that is referencing your DLL and create a new one, do you still get these errors?

Regards,
Chris J

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,694 Views)
Yes, I tried recreating the whole VI actually, still got the error.

I was able to solve it by recompiling my DLL on an alternate machine with VC 5.0 as opposed to the GNU compiler (re-builds with the GNU Compiler netted the same error) I was using on my development box. I wasn't referencing any special headers,etc. So I have no idea why this change fixed the problem, but its probably something you guys want to look into.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,687 Views)
Has anyone figured out what is the cause of the third party DLL loading in LV8.01 or up that gives out "Invalid access to memory location" error? If it works in LV7, I hope it should work in LV8 too. What has changed?

Thank you,
Irene He

www.hytekautomation.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,563 Views)

Hello Irene,

This error depends on the DLL you are using and which NI drivers you have installed.  Can you please provide more information?

Happy Holidays!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,545 Views)