LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing the laptop webcam with labview

Hi vasus,

What happens when you try running the VAS trial software? Does the camera not show up in MAX? Unfortunately, you will need VAS to do the image processing that you want to do in LabVIEW. Without VAS, assuming you can even read in the images from LabVIEW, you will have to know the details of the file format you are trying to read in and then develop code on your own to convert the binary data to an array, which is not a trivial task. Since it looks like you are not going to use VAS, you may find more revelant information on other LabVIEW communities such as lavag.org.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,359 Views)

Thank you Kira T.

I am able to take image from my integrated webcam and from my USB webcam too.

Now i have a new scenario. I have to check a particular region from running video, I have captured it with acqisition and now i have to process it.

But i cant locate a specific area in that video. Is it possible to track any object from  the video?

Please help me if you know anything related to this problem.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,338 Views)

Hi ajita24patil,

Have you seen the example Pattern Matching Example.vi? This can be found by opening example finder: Help>>Find Examples... and then navigating to Toolkits and Modules>>Vision>>Functions>>Pattern Matching Example.vi.

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,319 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to capture images using my laptop camera too. Can you please how you found it out? How did you get to access the webcam in labview? Is your driver recognized by Labview?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,270 Views)

Hi CamilleG,

Is your laptop camera DirectShow compatible? The camera manufacturer will be able to give you this information. If it is DirectShow compatible, you will need to use the IMAQdx drivers provided in the Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) package.

In order to test your camera before purchasing the software, you can use the evaluation version of VAS found here.

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,255 Views)

You can perform image acquisition only drivers from VAS , but for any treatment or handling or VDM VBAI you need , plus VAS . You can download the evaluation software from the following links :

In this example, we will create a program in Labview to capture images from a USB camera to your application for further processing using the NI Vision module.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30531

Message 26 of 26
(993 Views)