LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing the laptop webcam with labview

Hi thank you for your reply.

I want to ask that can i take video from my laptop's webcam and then give it to the labview for further processing.

I have IMAQ but it is not showing any hardware.

How to process the video by using IMAQ ?

Which hardware drivers will be required for that?

Please reply as early as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(2,431 Views)

Hi jammer,

Are you using the Abort button in the top left corner of LabVIEW?  If so, you are probably experiencing problems because you never closed the resource.  If you use the IMAQdx Close Camera.vi and let the program run completely you should avoid this problem.  Let me know if this helps.  

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(2,414 Views)

Hi ajita24patil,

If you are using a USB webcam then the drivers you will need are IMAQdx and the camera will show up as one of these devices, not an IMAQ device.  Your USB Webcam mus also be DirectShow compatible to work with the the IMAQdx drivers.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(2,412 Views)

I want to use my laptop's webcam only. Is it possible?

If not then can you tell me which USB is compatible with Labview?

I have Labview version 2011.But it is of 1 month validation.

Please let me know if you have any information.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(2,400 Views)

Hi ajita24patil,

How does the webcam appear in My Computer Device manager?  Are you able to use it with programs provided by the laptop manufacture?  Do you see the camera in Measurement & Automation Explorer?  You will only be able to interface with this camera in LabVIEW if it is DirectShow compatible.  You will also need the IMAQdx drivers that comes with Vision Acquisition Software.  If you would like to use a USB camera you will also need one that is DirectShow compatible.  You will need to contact the camera manufacturer to determine if it is DirectShow or not.  

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(2,389 Views)

Hi,

My laptop is sony vaio VPCM126AG. it has intergrated camers. so How can i get live capture image in labVIEW 2011.

What kind of visa i have to develop?

Please reply me. its urgent.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(2,322 Views)

Hi vasus,

What kind of processing do you need to do on the image? Or do you simply need to display the image in a front panel? Typically, external webcams can be interfaced with LabVIEW by using the IMAQdx drivers which are part of the Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) driver set, which requires a license. Furthermore, in order for this to work, the camera must be compliant with the DirectShow standard, and you must have the camera drivers installed. If you're not sure if your VAIO laptop's camera is DirectShow compliant, the best thing would be to download the VAS software and try it in evaluation mode. You can then try to access the camera within MAX under the IMAQdx devices category. Feel free to post again if you encounter any difficulties.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(2,296 Views)

Hi

Thanks a lot joseph. With trail version it is not possible to interface camera.But iam a student. how can finish my project.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(2,276 Views)

Hi

Thanks a lot joseph. With trail version it is not possible to interface camera.But iam a student. how can finish my project.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(2,276 Views)

Hi,

My project is apples grading. this i have already developed on matlab. so now i have to implement on labview as per my guide. I want to these image processong steps for apple image.

1) RGB to HSI

2) color analysis due to heu histogran

3) grading due to color compinent

4) then classisfication analysis as per grading.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(2,268 Views)