From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interconnected tank

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm just learning labview and have a problem that I thought would be easy to solve but I don't think so. Here I discuss about the water supply from the main tank to the backup tank, it is very important for me to control the working pressure and water level. In a simple way the simulation works on Labview like this.

The main tank acts as a water provider, when there is a demand for water in the reserve tank, the pump will work to move water from the main tank to the reserve tank (4 units of reserve tanks and 4 water pumps).

Note: when the reserve tank level is empty, the pressure indicator is 0 and if the reserve tank level is full, the pressure indicator is 4 (level and pressure are related).

I have tried many times but always stuck. I need help and advice to be able to solve this, I am very very grateful for the help and advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MangOto

Hi MangOto, 

There is an example project, Help > Find Examples...  click the Search tab > type in: "tank" and search.  Simulation - Tank Level.vi may point you in the right direction (you'll need to add the additional tanks).

The reference comes from the following post:

water tank control - NI Community

Regards, 

-Thom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(946 Views)

I'm new to Labview, may I know how to make a flower symbol like the one I marked and can the simulation I make not use the pid?

ss.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MangOto

You can edit the icon of your subVI to anything you want.

(Assuming you made the subVI. Look at the help for the icon editor)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(894 Views)

Double clicking (with the left mouse button) the icon in the upper right corner of the front panel will open the icon editor, which will enable you to edit the icon to whatever you wish to draw (assuming, as pointed out previously, you have permission to edit the VI for which you'd like to change the icon).

xfrmrs_0-1660066758114.png

Regards, 

-Thom

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(782 Views)