LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instrument driver HP86060C

The HP86060C is not made anymore and has drivers for LabWindows. But I am trying to connect 3 instruments on Labview using GPIB and this is one of them.Please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(3,873 Views)
I just ran the exe that installs the CVI drivers and it includes a LabVIEW llb so you don't have to do the conversion yourself. Run and look for the llb in the VXIPNP\WinNT\AG8606XC folder. You'll also be asked to find the DLL for the driver and that's in the VXIPNP\Bin folder.
Message 2 of 24
(3,870 Views)
Mr.Knutson U R THE BEST!!! I would NEVER have figured it out!!!
On the same note, I have another trivial question. I am trying to make a front panel similar to the one on an OSA.  I connected the read vi to the span vi,
when I change the span and run it, the span on the OSA changes but the output graph of the read vi is still the same!! Should I add anymore logic or any other subvis to see a realtime change??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(3,860 Views)
What's the output to graph? Is it just an array or is it a waveform datatype. With a graph and an array, the default t0 is 0 and the dt is 1. You can create a waveform datatype by using the Build Waveform and specifying the dt and t0 or you can use the graphs's property node to cahnge min, max, t0, or dt based on the new span values. Which VI are you running? If you want to post the code, someone can look at it and probably give you an exact answer.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(3,860 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(3,841 Views)
Hi.. when I use the initialize.vi of the HP 86060C, it gives an error saying Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E). Can anyone tell me what it means??
And also did any of u have time to look at the vi I posted??

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(3,827 Views)
The 0xBFFF003E error is:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error.

Make sure you are passing the correct VISA resource name.  Unfortunately this instrument driver is not supported by National Instruments and is provided as-is.  You can always use Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to communicate directly with a resource and verify that the hardware and drivers are working properly.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(3,814 Views)
Hi
Thanks for the reply. When I wen to MAX and typed the commands, it gives out a reply ..like *IDN? gives out the company name and model. So I assume there are no hardware problems.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(3,811 Views)
Can someone look at the savedata.vi and tell me why the span chnages in the instrument (when I run the vi after making a change) but does not show it on the graph please!! I cam not able to go anywhere..
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,783 Views)
Hi
   Your vi doesn't have any of the instrument sub-vi's included. You need to click on the file pulldown in the labview toolbar, select "Save with Options" and click on the "Development Distribution", which will save your upper level vi and the instrument vi's that aren't a part of the standard LabVIEW installation.

P.M.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(3,677 Views)