LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instrument driver For NI USB-6009 DAQ

Dear All .. i am facing this serious problem with my National Instrument DAQ with the model stated in message below

the problem started when i was installing my LabView software and i was asked for Instrument driver from Driver Disk .. i inserted the disk that came with the DAQ, but i couldnt find it there ..

I searched the "National Instrument" website for an intrument driver for their product,unfortunatly i came out with empty hands.

So if anyone can help me and provide me with the "Instrument Driver" For the specified model i will be gratefull

Model Type: DAQ
Model Name: NI USB_6009
Configuration: 8 Inputs, 14-bit, Multifunction I/O

the CD that came with the DAQ is named "NI-DAQmx Base" Version 1.4

I am using LabView 7.1

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,726 Views)
hi Temraz,

the driver you are looking for should be found here

unfortunately this are the same then you should have on CD...

did you try to install the NI-DAQmx Base Driver manually after installing Labview?
(btw: you have to install the driver prior connecting the device)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,722 Views)
hey watermann

Thanks for ur reply, but i am sorry it didnt help me much as i have the NI-DAQmx base version 1.4 with the DAQ.

My problem first started that i could find the "DAQ Assistant VI" on the "input" palette. and i traced this till i recognized that labview does have the "Instrument Driver" for my DAQ.

When i tried to uninstall LabView and reinstall it again it asked for the "Instrument Driver" but i didnt find it (or couldnt spot it) in the "NI-DAQmx base version 1.4" CD. I also searched the National Instrument website for that driver and i couldnt find it. it was wierd as this DAQ is National Instrument's .. so i guess they must have this driver onsite.

i will be glad to recieve your replies

Thanks for your patience

Temraz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,718 Views)
I think I didn't understand you right...

to clear up:
with your USB-6009 you HAVE TO use the NI-DAQmxBase driver.
and for that you DON'T HAVE a DAQ Assistant NOR express VIs (because they are not included in DAQmxBase).

was this the problem that you didn't find the DAQ-Assistant VI?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,713 Views)
dear watermann

thanks alot for ur help, it is clear to me now that with my DAQ i should only use NI-DAQmx base thus i wont have(and wont find) the DAQ assistant VI

again thanks alot for ur patience and help

i hope to hear from u soon

amr
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)