LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instruNet and LV

Hi All,

I am a Newbie with both instruNet and LabVIEW.  What I have in the laboratory is an iNet 100B DAQ and LV 8.5.  I am trying to use the instrunet driver for LV to read the voltage from a pressure transducer.  I have modified the example VI to add the time stamp and export this and the voltage data to a *.txt.  I am attaching the VI as well as the output text file.  The output does not show values as I see them in the front panel when the VI is running.  I am not able to pinpoint where exactly is the problem.  I would appreciate all help.  Also, please suggest how I could add the ms timer to the concatenate string so that these data are also recorded.  When I try to do that, I get an error message.

Thanks,

Swarna

Message Edited by muthuks on 03-25-2008 02:43 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,667 Views)
muthuks,

I believe the reason you are only seeing one line of data in your output text file has to do with the behavior of the Write to Text File.vi.  I see you are using the Close File.vi, but you should also use the Open/Create/Replace.vi before entering the while loop.  If this does not allow you to continually append data to the file use the Set File Position function as described in the LabVIEW help. 

I would strongly recommend using the context help and detailed LabVIEW Help regarding this Write to Text File VI.

In regards to your second question, are you trying to wire the output of the Wait Until Next ms Multiple to your Concatenate Strings?  What is the purpose of this? 
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,630 Views)

Mark,

Many thanks for your inputs.  I have now wired the open/create/replace.vi and am getting the data in a single row.

Is there a way to get this data output in a column format and not along a row?  Presently, I save the data as a *.txt and use excel to open it. 

The reason for the timer is to get both voltage data and the time.  That is not working out yet.  

Thanks,

Swarna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,606 Views)
Concatenate a carriage return to each one of your data points.
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,596 Views)