From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instantiate VIT in exe (2010)

I have a problem, that is related (I think) to Labview 2010.

I have a program, that uses VITs in different places. When I run this in the development system all seems nice. I used to make the template known to Labview by placing it in a case that was never executed an could reference it by its name.

Other way, place a  Static reference, get it's path and use that to instatiate a clone.

Now that I build an executable (placing the vit in the "always include" section) the program complains with error 1127: cannot load because already in memory.

I thought, maybe I can look for it memory. But it seems that I would have to place all vits deliberitly outside of the normal exe.

Also the new hierachical structure  of  exe is quite nice. But you cannot seach with the standard file functions inside that tree (or do I miss something?)

Is there an easy automatic way to reference VITs that works both in development and executable ?

Thanks for any comments

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,572 Views)

I've just done the same thing using LV 2012 and I got the same problem.
Did you find a workaround in these years?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,403 Views)

Why are you using VITs?  Are you trying to create "clones", spawned copies of a VI that do the same thing (possibly with different arguments)?

We have a project where we want to take videos of behaving animals.  We wrote a VI (actually, a whole series of VIs) to monitor the animal and take videos when it did "something interesting".  Worked fine.

We now want to do the same thing to 24 animals, all at the same time (with, of course, 24 video cameras).  Our first attempt was to take our VI and turn it into a VIT, call it 24 times, passing a camera to each one.  Worked fine until we tried to build an executable ...

The solution we adopted was to abandon VITs.  Instead, we use the Start Asynchronous Call function (found on the Application Palette).  I know it's in LabVIEW 2011 and 2012, but I don't see it in LabVIEW 2010.

BS

Message 3 of 5
(2,389 Views)

Hi Paolo

search for "dynamically instantiated VIT in application". There are more answers to the problem.

Gabi

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,369 Views)

Thank you Bob_Schor for your hint!
I've solved the problem using some reentrant VIs!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,328 Views)