From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer with specific drivers

Hello to everyone,

I'm trying to build a installer for a measurement program I just wrote, wich only contians specific drivers for my hardware and LabVIEW runtime.

My goal is to find a solution without installing the whole NI-DAQmx 9.6. The solution should be as small as possible and not about 1,3GB plus the space for runtime. Is there generally a solution?

Does anybody has got  experiences with this?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,267 Views)
When you create the installer, you have the option of installing just the DAQmx runtime and not the whole package. This excludes MAX which is something you might rant and you might also want to import the hardware configuration from there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,254 Views)

You can always add a kudo here:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LabVIEW-App-Builder-Should-Determine-and-Minimize-Dist...

Might help,  Smiley Happy might not. Smiley Sad

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,233 Views)
Sorry, it's called DAQmx Core. This is the absolute minimum. There is obviously no separate drivers for individual devices.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,228 Views)