LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installed application is very slow

The application is written with LabView2011 using also VAS2011 and VDM2011. Running it from the LabView as well as built application is working fine. But after building an installer and installing it on the "clear" windows on the same PC the application is working very slowly. The video fps is 6 instead of 30 running from the sourcecode. It reacts on user actions also much longer. What can be the reason and what should I check or try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,707 Views)

My initial thought is hardware.  What is your processor, RAM, and OS of each machine?  My second thought is that you might have a "greedy loop".  Did you check the CPU usage using Task Manager?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,689 Views)

I used one PC. First, I developed the application and it was working fine both from the sourcecode and as executable, then I built the installer and using "clear" hdd image rolled back to the OS in its original state(there was no LabView environment) and installed the app.

Intel core i7, 6 GB ram, win8.1.

There is no a "greedy loop". I carefully checked this. Actually there are many loops working simultaneously. The CPU usage is <10% in both cases.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,676 Views)

The earlist version of LabVIEW with official support for Win 8.1 is LV 2013 SP1.

That being said, does your baseline image have an accelerated video driver for the video chip set?  Or maybe a video codec isn't installed?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,653 Views)