LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

indicate how many times there is a higher or lower value than indicated

hello everyone, what I'm trying to do is show values above or under a value that I choose ​​of a continuous signal that varies from 10 to -10 .From these            I would like to show only values ​​above or under a value of my choosing. For example that values ​​only them look (above / under) of +5, to -5. (Thing that I already have resolved, maybe not the best). -> And to  indicate how many times there is a higher or lower value than these.

I attached my .vi that I have. If anyone can help me because I have trouble doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,779 Views)

Some comments:

1. Why are converting DBL to DBL (twice)?
  2. The comparisons belong inside the case structure. Don't use partially unwired tunnels. Zero is a real value! What if you would generate numbers between 20 and 50, suddenly the min would be the impossible zero.
  3. Use min&max instead of "compare and select", less code.
  4. Initialize the max with -inf and the min with +inf (see point 2).
  5. You don't need the "value" indicator. Simply show the digital display of the chart.
  6. Don't use a button for switch action booleans
  7. ....

See attached modification (LV2012)for some ideas.

Message 2 of 7
(2,762 Views)

I could not open your vi ( have 2009 )

But see if you want this.

I think you are getting data from some sensor replace input value with that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,760 Views)

And here's how to count how often he value is above or below a certain limit.

Message 4 of 7
(2,752 Views)

I really appreciate that you take a time to solve my trouble

and I'd like to know if there are any problem to choose" use default if unwired" because when I run my original code, this works good (apart of the explanation in point 2)
I probed with the function max & min ,too with the same structure and I choose "use default if unwired" and I attached the other vi because I think the solution to my question can be useful to both and yeah the function max&min is less code

now I try to detect a peak could you check my code. I have problem to represent the peak on the graph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,703 Views)

and if other take the time to help with this. Your responses will be well received ,too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,695 Views)

Hey there;

So if you chose to use default if unwired in the cases where the button read is not pressed you will get the default value (cero) I believe that is the expected behavior in you program;; or you might also want to wire a NaN constant instead.

You could use the InRangeAndCoerce VI; this VI will tell you if a signal's value is between two desired limits and will give you a TRUE boolean in case they are not. 

By the way; i you will be using a DAQ Assistant instead of your "Random Number" make sure you configure it to 1 sample software timed.

Hope this helps

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,641 Views)