From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increment the number with date/time string. when ever the next date come's it should reset again with initial number

i want to store the number of records in a file. Every time when ever i run the program the record will be incremented well i using forloop with count value 1 as a constant .in the for loop i am using autoincrement with the  feedback node . to view the number i have attached the indicatator .the number will be increment every time . i am using number to time time stamp  that is connected to get date/time string. from that we can view the date string and time string . so , my issue is when ever i close the code again it is coming with intial value . i should get from that number only where ever i close the code . after the date completed again it should come from intial value . i am attaching the code so that u guys can solve my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,956 Views)

Hi dow,

next time when you attach "code" you should attach a VI or a snippet or a real picture (PNG preferred). Using a DOC file is considered "bad behaviour"!

- You don't need a FOR loop in your code.

- You should not use STOP in your code.

- You should THINK DATAFLOW: Setting the "record" indicator to it's default value is nonsense when it is displaying data coming from feedback node!

- You have to change your FBN initialization to fit your needs: it's nonsense to init it once the VI is started the first time…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,934 Views)

our requirement is daily we have to run 200 to 300 electrical boards in ni-zigs ...... we want to see how many boards we are doing  per day. for that purpose

->i am using the string indicatator in fornt panel to see my electrical board record.

->i am using feedback node from my indicator so that next time the value will increase from the previous value.

->well, other thing i should not use  for loop, but, i want every time  constant value as 1 when ever i want to open my code default it should come from 1.  thats why i have used for loop.does it make sense or not you should suggest me.

..........by the way i am begginer in ni . 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,922 Views)

Are you storing your test results anywhere?  I'd be using a database, so an SQL query would easily get me the number of units I've tested in a day.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,909 Views)

hi jim,

the total test results will be storing in files..........well i have created one file.............by  concatenating all indiviual strings like one for total result,one string for storing records , one string number of records that i am storing.........i think there is no need of sql query here...........

if u have idea of storing results using sql query .........can u show me the sample 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,903 Views)

I'm not clear on how you're storing your data.  Could you post an example?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,889 Views)

here you can see.......the file path in case structure in that i have included my requirement of increment the number 

-> if the case is true then it goes in ok file path and the no of records string will pass in the file by seeing these code u will get clarity

my requirement is the number of records should increase ........ whnever the program runs...that i made it. by the next day again it should begain with the intial value.........that is my requirement. i hope u understand . 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,876 Views)

here you can see.......the file path in case structure in that i have included my requirement of increment the number 

-> if the case is true then it goes in ok file path and the no of records string will pass in the file by seeing these code u will get the clarity

my requirement is the number of records should increase ........ whnever the program runs...that i made it. by the next day again it should begain with the intial value.........that is my requirement. i hope u understand .

suggest me how can i use the  intial  value .......

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,869 Views)