From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in need of help with PCI-dio96h

Hello,

I have never worked with this type of card. Does anybody have experience with it?
It is from MCC. I am using it with a CIO-MINI50 terminal. Enclosed is a .gif with an image of it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,691 Views)
MCC usually will supply Labview drivers for their devices. If it didn't come with the board, call them and ask for it. I've never used that model before but it should be similar to other DIO devices. There will be a Labview driver to configure the board for input or output ports, and there should be other drivers to read from and write to the ports. The terminal blocks are for ease of connecting the digital lines to whatever you want. The documentation should describe which ports and lines are for which terminals.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,682 Views)
What is your question(s)?? I have used this card, or its equivalent NI many times, and am using one in a current project. I will try to help, if I can.

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,685 Views)
First of all,

I have installed the software and have done test with their support software.
How can i read data from any of the 94 ports using labVIEW?
Do i have to configure each port? If so how?

I tried doing a simple read from a terminal port and nothing.
How can i do this read?
It is very critical for me to understand the process of doing a simple read for it will play a huge role in the project.

I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,680 Views)
I would hazard a guess that you are trying to use the Labview vi's with this MCC board. That can't be done. They supply a CD called "universal Library for Labview", that has their vi's on it. You MUST use their vi's! If you did not receive this with your board, it can be purchased from Measurement Computing. I know you can download their CD called "universal Library", but this is not the same as the "Universal Library for Labview". You might want to have a look on their FTP site, though, as I have not been there lately. I believe it is
ftp://www.measurementcomputing.com. Try this, and let us know how you make out. If you are still having difficulty with their Labview library, come back and we will try to guide you through it.
In their newewst version, they have some "bridge vi's" that are SUPPOSED to let you use your original Labview vi's with their boards, but I would strongly advise against using them. I have had nothing but grief attempting this. They appear to work at first, but go buggy with time!

Have fun

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,679 Views)
Dave,
I do have the universal library cd from them and was using their vi's when creating mine, still, can't work with LabVIEW.

My system:

WIndows XP
LabVIEW 7.1
UL for MCC (LabVIEW)
PCI-DIO96H Card
2- CIO-MINI50 terminals

I have contacted MCC and they give me run around.
Think we will return PCI card and get the DAQ from NI.
Does NI have an equivalent card?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,673 Views)
NI has a great DIO96 card. It costs a little more than the MCC card but is much easier to work with in Labview. I have used the MCC USB DIO (24 lines) in the past and have had trouble using their Labview drivers (VIs). I would spend the few extra dollars on the NI hardware. It is worth it. Look at the NI 6508 and 6509 series, both have 96 lines. The 6503 has 24 lines for a lower cost if that is all you need. They all come in PCI and PXI versions.
As for the MCC card, the big problem is making labview recognize that the device exists. I had to jump through hoops to configure the card properly using MCC software to get Labview to recognize the device. Something about assigning the device number. I believe there was some confusion on the device number vs the board number. They are two different things.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,666 Views)
Below is a link to the NI 5V Digital Boards. NI's driver software, NI-DAQ, makes programming these digital boards fast and easy. There are also several digital input/output examples that install with NI-DAQ.
......not to mention, NI's World Class Technical Support 🙂

5 V TTL/CMOS
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10128〈=US

-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,646 Views)
Dave,

Quick Question,

How can i modify each port for an input or output. I need help to modify Port A & B (in the card) as inputs and port C as an output. How can this be done in the same vi. I have used the examples to do for just one port at a time, but how can i do this at the same time? Just to select a port is a pain, everything is coming out as AUX PORT, from bit 0 - 96.

Thanks, in advance!
Fred
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,623 Views)