From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identify decorations

I have a VI that contains a GIF on a panel and I use object properties to make visible/invisible multiple lines/arrows on the panel so that it illustrates a different data path that the traffic takes based on some user selections.  This is all done by just getting a handle on the panel reference and accessing via a for loop.

This works fine, but the problem is that every time I add/delete a decoration on the panel, it changes the index of all the decorations on that page.  Right now, to figure out the index for a specific decoration, I use a loop with a timer and change the color of the decoration, so that they light up in order and I have an indicator for the index.  This is very time consuming and I feel like there has to be a better way.

TLDR - Is there a way to know what the index of a specific decoration is on a panel within the front panel (i.e., right click on a decoration and it identifies it for you)??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,012 Views)

What is "TLDR"?

Check out this message.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Decoration-labels/m-p/2283286#M720925

There is a VI that is supposed to help identify decorations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,010 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

What is "TLDR"?

Literally, "Too long; didn't read" Said whenever a nerd makes a post that is too long to bother reading.

Reference: Google Smiley Very Happy

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,006 Views)

Use something like this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,964 Views)