LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ideas on how to display colored strings in memory table?

I have a memory inside that resides in an FPGA that I'm displaying inside a front panel.  I'm using a Table to do so, and I'm able to display the contents of the memory fine.

Each cell represents a 16-bit data value, which I'm showing as 4 hex characters, i.e. 0xA13F.

The FPGA streams memory data back to me, which I use to update the table, and this process is working.

There is a request someone has made to me, that if a value gets updated, I color the nibble that was updated red.  So for instance, if the original value is 0xA13F, and then the new value is 0xA23B, then the '2' and the 'B' would be red.

As you know, there are string selection properties that allow you to selectively color certain chars, but the problem is that this doesn't carry over into the table.  When you write a value to the table, you can only set the color of the whole string within the table.  I also tried to color the chars that I wanted to, then write this value to the table, but that didn't work either (it doesn't retain the selective coloring).

Perhaps a Table is not the best option to use.  Is there another LabView primitive that would let me do this?  I also tried a multi column listbox but that didn't work for me either.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,994 Views)

Hi bmishoe,

why don't you stick with your original thread? Please don't create double posts!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,989 Views)