From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i would like to include a button on 1 vi, and when clicked, should pop-up another vi. For example, say i am reading in a voltage, from my card, for a channel; that channel has other characteristics to, such as the gain, etc

.,i would like to include the settings seperately, on a seperate vi-window(the pop-up one).the user will therefore enter the parameters, in the seperate vi, this vi should then send the parameters to the original, or parent vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,488 Views)
on the diagram of your calling vi put a while loop (include a small ~100 ms wait). In the while loop put a case structure. in the true case put your sub-vi. Right click on the sub-vi and click on Sub-vi node setup. Make 'Show FP when called' and 'Close afterwards if originally open' True. Click OK. On your front panel of the calling vi put a switch to call the sub-vi. Wire the switch to the case on the diagram.

What ever you want returned to the calling vi from the sub-vi should be connected to terminals. Open the sub-vi. Right click on the icon of the sub-vi and click on show terminals. On the sub-vi's front panel click an indicator you want returned to the calling vi, then click a terminal you want it connected to. Repeat for all indicators you want returned
. save the vi.

Back on the calling vi's diagram, when you hover the wire tool over the sub-vi icon, you will see the indicators being returned to the calling vi. Wire them wherever you need.

Jared
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,488 Views)
Matrix;

I provided an answer to a related question a few weeks ago. I think it may benefit you, specially because a vi is also included. Here is the link to that discussion thread.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000008190000&UCATEGORY_0=_49&UCATEGORY_S=0

Good luck!
Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,488 Views)