From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to store data in binary format, there will be mutiple files but i want the facility for autonaming ,it shuold not ask the user(give the prompt)

i am acqiuring continous digital data and storing in one binary file.
but now, i wanna store in speicific time interval in a new binary file. timimig is not a problem...

but i want "write to  binary " VI  to write to binary file with auto naming.

ie. after creating first binary file, the next data will be stored in new binary file, but the "write to binary "VI should not ask the user for
file name, iwann auto naimg faciltiy. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,220 Views)
Exactly what issues are you having with the autonaming? What is the file name going to be based on? There are all sorts of conversion functions. You might need to convert a number to a string and then something like the Build Path or String to Path functions. The Write LabVIEW Measurements File has an option to autoname files. You can look at how it's done there by simply right clicking on the function and selecting Open Front Panel.
Message 2 of 3
(2,215 Views)
Anyways dennis, thanks for the reply, but soon after posting the question here i thought over it and got the idea,(code for ato renaming andsaving as binary file).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,205 Views)