LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need NI labview vision toolkit tutorials as i want to design a face detection based automatic attendance system

i need NI labview vision toolkit tutorials as i want to design a face detection based automatic attendance system in which a camera interface with my pc is fixed at the entrance of the building the LABView based application will automatically mark attendance and note down its entry and exit time accordingly
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,706 Views)

If you have purchased the LabVIEW Vision Toolkit(s), then you will have access to the Examples that ship with it.  I am not sure what you mean by the Vision Toolkit tutorials -- other than the Examples, and possibly some Examples in the Forum or on the Web, tutorial material for IMAQ and IMAQdx is pretty scarce.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,683 Views)
I am at scratch now so i need guidance regarding it as far as visiom toolkit is concerned i have complete labview vision toolkit activited
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,674 Views)

Help->Example Finder

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,665 Views)

@mfurqanayub wrote:
i need NI labview vision toolkit tutorials as i want to design a face detection based automatic attendance system in which a camera interface with my pc is fixed at the entrance of the building the LABView based application will automatically mark attendance and note down its entry and exit time accordingly

See here

Now, I see a few use cases where this might just be "Usefull":

1. You are a professor at some academy and, want to take roll call automaticly:  BETTER: get to know your studii! - If they are not in attendance the grades will show the lack of learning.  If they are in attandance, the "Mark 1A1 Eyeball" should be more effective unless, you don't look at your students.
  2. You are a student or AI with an assignment and, want to take roll call automatcally:  BETTER: see above
  3. You are an analist for a covert intellegence organization and, want to trace persons of interest:  Better: Call the NSA! they might just share.... I doubt it.  The tech is just too unreliable but, the algrythims might be "Classified".
  4. You are a "GURU"  like, James Jones, and need some help with tracking your followers.  BETTER: - don't drink the Cool-Aid!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(3,625 Views)

Yes Can Youu help me?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,616 Views)

The examples are going to be where you want to start. Other than that, the vision concepts manual is also a good resource.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/322916a.pdf

Now the examples are pretty good and there are examples for basically every algorithm LabVIEW has but to my knowledge there isn't a face recognition system. I'm not even sure how you might start to do this other than pick up where others have left off.

http://docs.opencv.org/2.4/modules/contrib/doc/facerec/facerec_tutorial.html

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 7 of 9
(3,597 Views)

You'll have to be an expert in both facial recogition algorithms AND LabVIEW.  This is way too complicated a project to cut your LabVIEW teeth on...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 8 of 9
(3,589 Views)

@mfurqanayub wrote:

Yes Can Youu help me?

Now, I see a few use cases where this might just be "Usefull":

1. You are a professor at some academy and, want to take roll call automaticly:  BETTER: get to know your studii! - If they are not in attendance the grades will show the lack of learning.  If they are in attandance, the "Mark 1A1 Eyeball" should be more effective unless, you don't look at your students.
  2. You are a student or AI with an assignment and, want to take roll call automatcally:  BETTER: see above
  3. You are an analist for a covert intellegence organization and, want to trace persons of interest:  Better: Call the NSA! they might just share.... I doubt it.  The tech is just too unreliable but, the algrythims might be "Classified".
  4. You are a "GURU"  like, James Jones, and need some help with tracking your followers.  BETTER: - don't drink the Cool-Aid!

Well, I cannot help you use a MK 1A1 eyball to idendify students. I am not part of the class, I am not teaching the class, I will not earn credits for the class and I am not even interested in taking the class.. (on a positve note for you:  I have not taken up time in one of you lecture seats!  I doubt it would be worth my time or money.)

I cannot ask the NSA for confidential IP (Actually, I could ask but, the JAIL TIME would be damaging to my career as a "nice guy")

I doubt I want to add flavorings to the  cool-aid your followers would drink  (Depending on the specifications!  but, I make better money writing software than mixing drinks)..   So, no, I cannot help you without better requirements.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,504 Views)