LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have two labview programmes for different device i am not sure how to combine them in on VI file can any one help me with this i am really thankful

Solved!
Go to solution

i am having two different programmes i want to combine these two programmes and run together in one VI file can u help me with this how can merge two programmes. here i attached my two programmes. using LabVIEW 2017 32-bit version 

thanks in advance  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,362 Views)

Hi RAJ,

i want to combine these two programmes and run together in one VI file

Place both VIs in the block diagram of a new VI.

Save that new VI.

Finished.

What is your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,353 Views)

i would like to connect these two programmes such that when i change the distance(i.e move piezo) there should be a change in spectrum. can u help me how to connect in that way  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RAJ1708

If you want them to open separately, you can use the VI Properties to set them to Open when Called, then place them in a single VI as GerdW describes.

If you want to place controls and indicators on a new VI and have them read inside the existing subVIs, you should look at using either Queues or Notifiers to transfer data into (and out of) their loops.

Documentation for those can be found here: What Is a Queue?What is a notifier?.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,346 Views)

Haii

can u please attach an example vi representing my problem. so that i can follow accordingly.

best regards  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RAJ1708

Hi RAJ,

open the example finder in LabVIEW. Look for example VIs on queues and notifiers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,334 Views)