From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a few qeustions about IMAQ images and graphs controlling

Solved!
Go to solution

First qeustion is: In the IMAQ library you have the image control how can i possibly call the "Zoom to Fit" function through a button rather than with the right click because i've tried it and i can't find it anywhere while Clear ROI simply is sided with the invoke nodes.

Second qeustion is: When you have a graph how can you control the X-value you're looking at with a numeric value that adjusts the graph visibility on a certain x-value so for example i make a numeric value with the value "10" i'll want the graph to jump to the value "10" then is this possible in any way i've been trying to work with some property nodes but i get a little bit tangled in the web of possibilities.

Third qeustion is: This is a minor qeustion but i'd like to ask anyway why is it that when you change the value of a button element you can only change it once in the structure and not twice because i'd like to have a button that when that button's value is true it sets the other 2 buttons to true and when it's false it sets the other 2 buttons to false.. i can only seem to get the effect of setting it to 'true' or 'false'. To complicate things even more though i still want to be able to use the 2 buttons that are being set differently by the first button it's just so i can automatically start/stop two buttons at the same time.

and while i'm at it i also have a fourth qeustion: Is there any way you can use the line tool more than once in the IMAQ image section because the tool pallete only allows you to draw 1 line.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,773 Views)

I could able to understand first question... and based on it I tried to make something...!!

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Download All
Message 2 of 14
(2,754 Views)

nevermind got it xD thanks for the info 🙂 helped me out on the first qeustion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,750 Views)

Regarding the second question I would suggest you look at this property Node:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvprop/xyplot_xscale_offsetandmultiplier_multipli...

Can you explain question 3 with the aid of a VI?

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.

Question 4:

What's your end goal?
Sharing an example VI and a drawing (paint?)  of what you're trying to do would help.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,701 Views)

Second qeustion i don't quite understand yet and when i tried making examples of my problem it worked perfectly sorry i can't share the exact VI as it's for a company so... i just like some information as i'm stuck on the project 😛 but i'll see with what i learnt wether or not i can change it 😉

as for the end goal of the lines i want to be able to just draw more lines than the tools pallete allows

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,696 Views)

Hello Rinus,

If I understood your last post correctly, then problem 2 is resolved, right?

Regarding problem 3:

I'm not asking you to share exact VIs.

I just want to see a very simple VI that explains the concept of what you're trying to do, what should happen (this can be in words that refer to the front panel elements) and what you've tried.

The terminology you're using isn't clear to me without an extra explanation.

This could even be only a Front Panel with a few buttons on where you just describe what should happen with specific controls/indicators.

Based on the first post it is not clear to me what you mean with:

- A "button element":

Are you talking about a control, an indicator, a cluster that contains multiple control?

- The structure:
  Is this an event structure, case structure, for loop, ...?

Is it seems like you want to programmatically control Front Panel objects, which on itself is no problem at all independent of how many objects you want to control.

Please share with me simple example of what goes wrong and explain which things should happen on that specific Front Panel.

This will allow me to help you and also allow me to guide you along the right path.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 6 of 14
(2,690 Views)

hey,

No my second problem isn't resolved i'd like some more information about it

My third problem was solved as i appereantly put the loop in the wrong place in the total VI.

as for my fourth problem i'm not sure if it's even possible to draw more than 1 line in the IMAQ

greetings,

Marijn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,680 Views)

Regarding your second question:

Is the attached VI a solution??

Message 8 of 14
(2,674 Views)

i can very much work with that yes thank you 🙂

now only the fourth Qeustion about the lines is left 😛

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rinus1993

What VI are you using for lines... is it 'IMAQ Overlay Line'??

Try the attached code...!!

And if its a solution to your fourth question, then it seems all of your queries are solved..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,653 Views)