LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i dont find chart getting disabled even after disabling it via it's property node

Hi All ,

I am trying to disable a chart in my vi but when the vi runs,it is showing it disabled & grayed but the data is still traversing thorugh it as the timing on chart is increrasing continously.I am using a case structure and within that ,in one casse ,it is disabled & grayed and no data should traverse through it and in second case ,it is enabled and data should traverse through it.I am using 4 such case structures.I am getting the result properly in 3 case structures but not in one case .Please suggest me how can I fix this problem.

thanks & regards
Sarita
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,514 Views)
Hi Sarita,
disabling and enabling a control is only referred to the user interface, that is you enable/disable the user to interact with the control.
If you don't want the control to be updated any more you should simply stop writing values to the control.
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,509 Views)

Hi ,

Thanks for your prompt response.I don't understand why it is hapening in one case structure and not in rest 3 case structures which are simply replica of that case structure.

I will try to do what you have suggested but again my doubt lies there as the feature should remain  same for all four case structures which is not happening.

Regards

Sarita

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,502 Views)

Sarita,

Post your code for us to have a look at it n review. Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,494 Views)

@MindPower wrote:
I am using a case structure and within that ,in one casse ,it is disabled & grayed and no data should traverse through it and in second case ,it is enabled and data should traverse through it.

Simply place the chart terminal inside the case structure. No fancy property nodes needed.

I don't understand your description with the 4 case structures. Do you have 4 different charts? What "works" or doesn't "work"? Disabling an indicator should never work, ever. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,481 Views)
Thanks to all of u !

I was using local variable in false case and just by removing that,I could acheive what I was looking for.Now, all four case structures are working ok.

Thanks once again Smiley Happy

regards
sarita
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,462 Views)