LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i do not have a arbitarary function generator

Hi there ,
i am working on an application where i have to generate an ECG signal , i do not have a Arbitarary function generator in my lab and i was wondering if there is any way i can generate an ECG signal from the any vi in LAB View 8.0 version .

I am also attaching a abstract of the mini project i am trying to build with the vi i have build so far .Please do advise me how should i go further as i am stuck with no arbitarary function generator in my lab .

Thanks,

Faz
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,486 Views)
I'm guessing that this is NOT a case of asking us to do a lab assignment for you.

I am attaching 11000 points of EKG data, a subset of data I picked up on the web somewhere. Maybe this will help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,472 Views)
I'm guessing that this is NOT a case of asking us to do a lab assignment for you.

I am attaching 11000 points of EKG data, a subset of data I picked up on the web somewhere. Maybe this will help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,471 Views)
Do you need to physically generate an analog ECG signal and then acquire it with a DAQ card?

If so, you could use the analog output of the DAQ card to create the ECG signal, or if the DAQ card has no Analog Output, you can use the sound card to create analog signals.  The LabVIEW  Graphics and Sound>>Sound>>Output palette contains VI's that allow you to utilize the sound card with an API that is "similar" to the DAQmx API.  The "Learn LabVIEW 8 in 3 Hours" manual has a track that involves creating an application that interfaces with the sound card.  There are also several example programs (Help>>Find Examples) that interact with the built in sound card. 

The other option would be to simply simulate the signal.  The data in the above posts should be ok for building a waveform within LabVIEW.
Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,445 Views)