LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am using a pci 6024e card . i need to start acquisation at the begining ot the 1st trigger pulse and stop acuisation at the prese

nce of nth triggering pulse. i need to know when the when the ist trigger occurs and when the nth trigger occurs . please tell me how to to . what i know is that event triggering has to be done with start and stop trigger. please tell me how it has to donethe requirement is that i need to use only digital trigerring to complete my application. please forward me if you have any examples
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,349 Views)
nce of nth triggering pulse. i need to know when the when the ist trigger occurs and when the nth trigger occurs . please tell me how to to . what i know is that event triggering has to be done with start and stop trigger. please tell me how it has to doneSuresh;

What you will need to do is to set up a digital start and stop triggered Analog Input acquisition. Then you will need to have a counter set as event counter, having the specific number of pulses you need configured as the preset value, configured to count down, and generating a pulse after the terminal count has been reached. That counter output will be the stop trigger of the Analog Input operation. In summary, you will have the external pulse being both the digital trigger of the Analog Input operation and the source pin of the counter, and the counter output being the digital stop signal for the analog input.
I'm attaching a Labview VI that does the start and stop analog input acquisition. You will need to include the counter part and set the stop s
ignal to be the counter output.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,349 Views)