LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am new to the ethernet communication using labview. I do not have any hardware. I have two laptop i need to send and recieve the data via these 2 laptop using labview. Kindly help me on this.

Solved!
Go to solution

i am new to the ethernet communication using labview. I do not have any hardware. I have two laptop i need to send and recieve the data via these 2 laptop using labview. Kindly help me on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,038 Views)

Help Menu >> Find Examples >> Networking >> TCP & UDP >> Open "Data Client.vi" and "Data Server.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,037 Views)

i saw that VI. But i was not able to understand can u plz tell how exactly to connect . can u plz explain the same? it would be great help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,012 Views)

You can also start with UDP sender and UDP receiver. They work just as they are and there is a step-by-step instruction on the front panel.

Cheers

Edgar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,998 Views)
To connect, you simply use a cross over ethernet cable. You could also use a hub that both are connected to. If they are already on a network, just specify the network name or IP address. Otherwise, assign each it's own IP but on the same subnet.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,985 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have connected two laptop via ethernet and specfied a specific ip address in the TCP/IP network propoerties for the both the pc's. Both the pc's ip are different. in one pc i have simple data reciver vi with port no 2055. In other i have run Simple data client vi with ip address of other pc and port no 2055. But i am getting an error of timeout.

I am not getting exactly why the error is coming.

Do i need to use the cross cable itself. I can not use st lan cable.?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mahadev

As Dennis already said: for a direct PC - PC connection you need a cross over cable. If you connect through a router or a switch you use a standard cable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,944 Views)

Hi thanks for the help.

Actually i am trying to send 10 sine signals from server pc to client pc. So i will bundle 10 signals in server pc and send it and in client pc i am unbundling it and need to save in TDMS format.

Till unbundling i was able to do. TDMS format it is saving only last value. I need to save all the values. Kindly help me on same. I am attaching both the VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,905 Views)

Two ways to make your Client.VI works.

1). Change the open mode from "Create or Replace" to "Open Or Create".

OR

2). Move the 'tdms open' and 'tdms close' out of the while loop.

Thanks.

zaizhou.ma 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,856 Views)