From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp837xx_32.dll is missing from the package, drivers won't work.

Hello, I am currently trying to use a signal generator (HP 83711B) with LabVIEW 2021 sp1(Windows 10). I download the driver HP837xx and unziped it in intrs.lib folder wich is what I always do. The problem is that when I try to use this library it keep asking to find hp837xx_32.dll file wich is not there at all. Can someone please help me with this ? 

This is the link to the driver : 

Agilent Technologies / Keysight Technologies hp837xx Signal Generator - IEEE 488.2 (GPIB) Driver for...

I also downloaded Keysight connection Expert. The SinGen is recognized and I can Write and read from it. 

I really need it to work on my LabVIEW. is there any solution ??

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(601 Views)

You probably want to install this driver here also: https://www.keysight.com/zz/en/lib/software-detail/driver/83711b-83712b-83731b-83732b-signal-generat...

That LabVIEW driver is just a convenient wrapper for the IVI driver from HP/Agilent/Keysight

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(580 Views)

Hello, 

I've already tried this one but it says my pc can not run these types of files. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(557 Views)

It seems a very old driver (2004) and absolutely certainly only 32-bit.

It may be necessary to put the file somewhere on your system (HD) and change its compatibility settings to Windows XP or earlier. In Windows explorer right click on the executable installer and select Properties->Compatibility.

And of course you will need to use LabVIEW 32-bit for this. The installer certainly won't have 64-bit versions of this DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(551 Views)