From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp-8590A

Is anyone using a HP-8590A spectrum analyzer? I am trying to find the instrument driver for it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,797 Views)
There is a driver for the 8590A. Agilent has the manuals so you might want to do a comparison first but you could also just try the driver and see what doesn't work. Generally, when an instrument undergoes a rev change, the specs may change (i.e. the bandwidth in this case), but the commands to program it don't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,788 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I figured out that the instrument I am using works with different set of commands. So, I doubt I will be able to get it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,770 Views)

Hi,

I am working on the HP8590A and i would like control my device with labview's interface. I have some problems with the drivers for HP859xx. Indeed in the Vi SetOption, fault occur with the bandwith (The command HAVE NBW? does not exist in the manual).

So if people could help me with my problem to control the HP8590A it will be great.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,235 Views)

Hi kyophys

Can you upload some screenshot about the error and the values that you select in the Front Panel.

Regards  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,196 Views)

Hi David22JRA (I am Benjamin (Kyophys));

I send you some pictures about my problems. (1)Initialize.jpg(2)SetOptions.jpg(3)SetOptions.jpg(4)SetOptions.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,132 Views)
Edit the VI to remove the command if it doesn't work. You tested it in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,117 Views)

For the HP8590A all comands in this VI doesn't work, they are not in the programing manual. So I think I need to delete this VI beacause it does not work with my instrument

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,100 Views)