From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how

do i synchronize two PCMCIA data acquisition card (NI DAQCard-6024E's)for continuous analog input in labview 6.0.2. Using example vi "Synch_E_PFI.vi", i get error -10802 after about 9.7 sec or i get error 10685. desired scan rate for 20 chan is 20-25/sec.want to use Labview, laptop and two PCMCIA data acquisition cards (DAQCard-6024E's) to record 20 channels of data, continuously, at a scan rate of 20-25/sec. keep getting error codes -10802 and 10685 regardless of what i try. the attached zip file has the vi in being used.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,533 Views)
do i synchronize two PCMCIA data acquisition card (NI DAQCard-6024E's)for continuous analog input in labview 6.0.2. Using example vi "Synch_E_PFI.vi", i get error -10802 after about 9.7 sec or i get error 10685. desired scan rate for 20 chan is 20-25/sec.Hello there! I think I found a possible source for your errors. In looking at your VI, you set up the first data acquisition board correctly, in that you route the AI scan start signal to PFI7. However, on the second board, I would NOT recommend doing th clocking as you have done it. Rather, I would get rid of the clock config VI altogether. For your Trigger config VI, set the trigger type to "Digital Trigger A", the mode to "On".

Now wire PFI7 from one card to PFI0 of the second card. PFI0 on the second card is the default for "AI Start Trigger", which is what you want.

Next, instead of the AI Control VI to start one of your cards, use the AI Start VI like you did in the first, and set your acquisition rate. Now the card that is waiting for
the trigger starts first, and is waiting. You then start your other board, and it should trigger the other, and both will start at the same time (you have it wired correctly now!).

Give that a whirl!

You're getting some errors now because one of your boards hasn't started (because it hasn't been triggered) at all, and there's no data to read.

Mark
Message 2 of 5
(2,533 Views)
do i synchronize two PCMCIA data acquisition card (NI DAQCard-6024E's)for continuous analog input in labview 6.0.2. Using example vi "Synch_E_PFI.vi", i get error -10802 after about 9.7 sec or i get error 10685. desired scan rate for 20 chan is 20-25/sec.Implemented your suggestions this morning.
Now i get error 10803 immediately when the vi is started and i don't know why. the "AI Reads" display data as it changes although this error says that transfer has stopped.
The vi does run longer. Instead of stopping in 9.7 seconds when error -10802 is detected, it runs for up to 49 seconds before error -10802 stops the vi.
Still hoping to find answers.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,533 Views)
do i synchronize two PCMCIA data acquisition card (NI DAQCard-6024E's)for continuous analog input in labview 6.0.2. Using example vi "Synch_E_PFI.vi", i get error -10802 after about 9.7 sec or i get error 10685. desired scan rate for 20 chan is 20-25/sec.Saw something else. If this is supposed to be a continuous reading, as it seems, then on your AI Start VIs, there is an input called "number of scans to acquire". The default for this is -1, which tells labview to acquire one buffer size, or 1000 scans, of data, and stop. You want to set this to 0, which tells labview to continuously take data.

Let me know what happens after that.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,533 Views)
do i synchronize two PCMCIA data acquisition card (NI DAQCard-6024E's)for continuous analog input in labview 6.0.2. Using example vi "Synch_E_PFI.vi", i get error -10802 after about 9.7 sec or i get error 10685. desired scan rate for 20 chan is 20-25/sec.Thanks Mark for all your help. everything is working great!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,533 Views)