LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to vary the out going frequency of a signal

I am generating a signal that I would like to send at varying Frequencies. 

The generated signal alternates between 8 and 10 volts dc, and is then sent to AO.0 of my USB_6343.

What I would like to do is,

to control the frequency of the out going signal.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,063 Views)

Use the DAQmx Timing VI to change the sample rate.  At least that is the simplest way to do it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,056 Views)

Changing the sampling rate won't change the frequency.  It will change the maximum frequency possible.  As an example, I can output a sine wave with a 5Hz frequency with a 10Hz sampling rate or a 100Hz sampling rate.

In order to change the frequency, you need to modify your signal itself.  Take a look at the shipped example for continuous analog output.  You can find this in Help->Find Examples->Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx->Analog Output  

In this example, you can double-click on the "Frequency" control on the Front Panel to see where it is changed on the Block Diagram.  If you make similar changes to your application, you will be able to change the frequency of your signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,027 Views)