LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use series modules and two different data rates in FPGA mode on cRIO 9075

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have a project with modules namely NI 9227 (Modules 1) and NI 9234 (Modules 2)

The project is running and I am using TDMS write file and found that two channels are in the TDMS file while I am download the file using FTP from the cRIO.

1- My quesition is how to add a second data rate in the FPGA?

2- Why is TDMS is logging 4 channels and not  6 channels?

Thanks

Attached the projetc with two VIs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,670 Views)

Have you looked at the getting started for the 9237 and been able to successfully acquire data for all of the channels on that device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,656 Views)

Hello

I have a project with two modules namely NI 9227 (Modules 1) and NI 9234 (Modules 2)

The project is running and I am using TDMS write file and found that two channels are in the TDMS file while I am download the file using FTP from the cRIO.

1- My quesition is how to add a second data rate in the FPGA?

2- Why is TDMS is logging 4 channels and not  6 channels?

Thanks

Attached the projetc with two VIs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,655 Views)

Yes

But I tried it alone on a separte VI.

Now I am looking to put as module 2 after the NI 9227 which is the main function of the project

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,654 Views)

Hello Ihab,

I would try adding another while loop (in parallel with your current one) that writes Mod2's Analog Inputs to a separate FIFO. That way you'll be able to modify the 9234's sampling (data) rate via a separate I/O Property Node.

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,606 Views)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

This means that I cancel the Master Module (Data Rate) and Slave  Module  or keep this configuration as Master and slave data rate for modules?

Please confirm.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ihab

Hello Ihab,

Sorry for the late reply here; just saw this message! If you'd like to keep the modules synchronized then definitely stick with the Master and Slave configuration for your two modules. Also note that you could sample slightly faster with the NI 9234 as your master module (since its internal master timebase is 13.1072 MHz instead of the 9227's 12.8 MHz timebase).

Please also see the Tips and Troubleshooting information in our guide for synchronizing C Series modules with LabVIEW FPGA:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373197D-01/target6devicehelp/sync_acq_multiple_modules/

Hope this helps!

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
Message 7 of 8
(3,576 Views)

Hello Alex

I tried to apply the method you gave here.

I had error in compiling 

attached the Project and FPGA viinternal error 28-6-2016.png

details 28-6-2016 fpga error.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,531 Views)