LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use rs232 interface with chroma dc electric load

Solved!
Go to solution

Smiley Sad please help me in dis...i'm new to labview... i hav to interface chroma 6310a dc load to a PXI system using only RS232c communication in LABVIEW.. i found out the way that v hav to install related drivers before we start programming. so please help me to find out the driver, how to install it and do a successful programing

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,507 Views)

Tools>Instrumentation>Find Instrument Drivers or Help>Find Instrument Drivers.

On the main Instrument Driver Network page, you will find links that explain what an instrument driver is and how to use one. The available driver only supports GPIB but it is usually a minor change to support RS-232. This is something you will have to do yourself. Look at the 34401 driver that comes with LabVIEW to see a way that it could be done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,502 Views)

thanks for your reply. But I don know what changes to make, please can you show me sample of that conversion procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,487 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rg.naveen
I told you where could find a sample. Just go to your instrument driver and open the Agilent 34401 Initialize function. See how it handles the setting of the com port and termination character.
Message 4 of 6
(5,483 Views)

Yes... Thank you Dennis... Did the way u suggested,aftr few trails of error got to know the basic settings to be done and got the initializing of the device successfully Smiley Happy ..And by d way in the same manner v can modify rest driver vi like getting started.vi and application.vi rite???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,467 Views)

Typically, all you would need to do in any example would be to include the cluster for the serial port configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,460 Views)