LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use multiple FlexRIO cards

Hi,

I am currently working on project that uses one  PXIe-7965R card. I need to addd another FPGA card to the chassis( the same model).

By adding another FPGA I will have 2 targets . My question is can I call both FPGA Target VIs from 1 FPGA Host VI?

Is there any example showing how to call multiple FPGA targets from host side?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Yes you can do it. I was working with 3 FPGA PXI cards (same model) on one chassis (running the same bitstream of course).

As for example I have no idea but if there isn't any I will try to make a simple one tommorow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,537 Views)

Hi Tintin,

You can definitely call both of them from a Host VI, you just need to call the Open FPGA VI Reference on each of your targets. For an example of what this looks like, check out the Peer to Peer example which shows how to stream data directly between two FlexRIO FPGA Modules. You can find it in the Example Finder, under Hardware Input and Output > FlexRIO > Peer to Peer.

Stephen

Message 3 of 4
(2,520 Views)

Thanks Stephen and Jerek

As you mentioend I can use the Open FPGA VI Ref to get reference to each target. This is for example 1 of my VIs.

Inside these subVIs I use FPGA Read and write controls. Can I copy and paste the same blocks in my top VI and pass teh second FPGA ref or I haev to pass teh second FPGA Ref and modify the subVIs as well.

2 Tragets are completely sperated and I don't need to worry about timing stuff between them

fpga.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,476 Views)