LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use labview program receive arduino 2560 mega digital sigal

Dear Nap,

Exactly, I wanted to play video file when read 13 pin signal no matter for is high (1)  or low (0)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(619 Views)
What's the point of even reading the arduino if you don't care? Just play the video.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(610 Views)

Dear Nap,

I have video file already, I wanted to know how to connect output parallel with boolean and play my video file at the same time.  

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(604 Views)

Dear Dennis,

I have video file already, I wanted to know how to connect output parallel with boolean and play my video file at the same time.  

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(599 Views)

Dear Dennis,

Should you have simple labview program (no need arduino, 8051...etc) for read usb com port digital high (1) signal, hence trigger file (play video file)?

Many thank for your help! 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(591 Views)

Dear Chan, my friend, 

Could you please tell us in real simple words what are you planning to do? 
Here are few things we understood from what you've just told:

1. You have an Arduino connected to your PC.

2. This PC is running LabVIEW.
3. You are trying to communicate LabVIEW with Arduino using LIFA (LabVIEW Interface for Arduino) toolkit.
4. You have connected a switch with one of your Arduino's digital pin OR some other device which will make this pin either go HIGH (True) or LOW (False).

5. You want to play a video file whenever the pin goes from LOW to HIGH (OR high to low but can't be both).

If you do not care about the pin's digital state then what is the point of monitoring it? And what do you mean by "READ USB COM PORT DIGITAL HIGH"?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(575 Views)

Dear Nap,

Pl to see in red

1. You have an Arduino connected to your PC. Yes

2. This PC is running LabVIEW. LabVIEW 2012

3. You are trying to communicate LabVIEW with Arduino using LIFA (LabVIEW Interface for Arduino) toolkit. Done, I through LIFA communicated with arduino already.

4. You have connected a switch with one of your Arduino's digital pin OR some other device which will make this pin either go HIGH (True) or LOW (False). I wanted to use digital signal pin (0 or 1) to execute existing video file in my PC. 

5. You want to play a video file whenever the pin goes from LOW to HIGH (OR high to low but can't be both). Exactly.

If you do not care about the pin's digital state then what is the point of monitoring it? And what do you mean by "READ USB COM PORT DIGITAL HIGH"? I attached the opertaing chart for your kindly review and comment.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(561 Views)
What media player are you using? Does It have an error in connection? You could also put it a single frame of a sequence structure. Use a state machine and set the next state to be play media, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(554 Views)

Dear Dennis,

I prefer media player is Window Media player or other common player, mpcstar, winamp...etc.

Is need separate single frame? The file path can connected with led output together?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(545 Views)

Dear Nap, Dennis,

Pl see attached my using arduino model for your comment.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(539 Views)