LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use datalogic Jet PDA SDK..?

I have a PDA DATALOGIC JET 701-104-455..
http://www.mobile.datalogic.com/_vti_g20_p_det.aspx?idp=ID20041211110030&rpstry=169_

i managed to compile and run some applications on it using the PDA module.. (i used the option "Windows 2003 Device" to do that)
the pda have some extra hardware like barcode reader, RFID, wifi, etc..
how can i use them..?
this is the SDK for embedded visual c..
http://www.mobile.datalogic.com/Tools/download.aspx?lng=20&file=/upload/download/download/207_1236_2.zip&name=Datalogic_Windows__CE_SDK_for_Windows_CE_5_0_(1_06).zip
it also installs some samples..
there seems to be some activeX components and some .NET but i don't know how to use them..
is it possible to use these samples with with LABVIEW..?
can anyone help..?

thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,022 Views)
Hi karpa

What operating system are you actually running on your PDA?  You say you chose "Windows 2003 Device" but this should not be an option as a target PDA device.

Both LabVIEW and the SDK you mention will do essentially the same thing.  Both will allow you to compile and run your own programs on your PDA.  You would most likely use one or the other, unless you write code in one that you wish to call from the other.

As for your devices, how do they connect to the PDA?  Running LabVIEW code on your PDA will allow you to interface with instruments via serial ports, etc..  If you create a VI under the PDA target in the Project Explorer (which you say you have done) you will be able to see all available functions on the Functions Palette for the Block Diagram.  Check these to see if the communication method your other devices use are available.

Hope this helps!
Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,009 Views)
the device reports WIN CE 5.0..
im not sure whats the difference with win mobile 2003, but probably not to many cause i can compile programs like that..

these are the steps i did..
i had installed labview..
i then installed embedded visual C..
i installed the SDK for the device from the CD..
i installed activesync..
i installed visual studio 2005..
i installed the PDA module..

now i can compile with both VS2005 and LV, but not evc(problem with connection)..
the extra hardware is onboard not a peripherial.. so (i think) i need the SDK from the device in order to use the barcode reader and etc..
i haven't used again labview so i'm not familiar with the enviroment.. i use CVI pretty much though..
can i compile code for PDA with cvi(probably with use of the evc compiler or something).?
it seems that i can import some .NET assembly's and activeX but i dont know how to do that with LV..
i go to tools->import, i do the import but then what.?

Message Edited by karpa on 07-15-2008 11:40 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,003 Views)
For information on using CVI with your PDA, read this.

Concerning ActiveX on your PDA, check this article out.  This, and the related links on the bottom of the page, will show you how to interface LabVIEW code on the PDA with other programs/code (i.e. code developed with the SDK).

Just in case this helps, you  may also want to run through this tutorial.  This should give you some more exposure to using the PDA Module in LabVIEW.

Regards,
Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,986 Views)