LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use Labview to measure the reflectance at different wavelengths automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there!

I am using labview to communicate with MS257(a monochromator).If I donot use Labview, I have to use the hand controller(set a wavelength from 300 to 1100 under one grating(four gratings in total).This takes much time.So I want to use labview to achieve automation.But I donot know how to do that, I still can only set one wavelength as a command to MS257, which makes no differences.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,068 Views)

i mean the general method

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,061 Views)

What kind of physical interface to the computer does the instrument have? GPIB, RS-232, magic wand? Can't provide a general method without this basic information.

Message 3 of 9
(3,055 Views)

sorry for that.I used GPIB interface(PCI-GPIB).There are actually two cables,one for MS257 and the other one for SR830(lock-in amplifier).What I used to do is: use a hand controller to send commands to MS257, and then read the voltage from the amplifier.but I need to send the command goto wavelengthXXX a hundred times for one grating,you know,it's quite inefficient.

So I want to use labview to make life easier.What I want do now is just to create a VI which has a button, that when I click the button it will measure the voltages from 300nm to 1100nm, which donot need to type the commands again and again.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee1830

So where are you stuck? This is a pretty common task. Inside a while loop, you can increment the 'xxx' and build an array of responses. Look at the Format Into String function and a shift register/feedback node.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,043 Views)

I am new to labview.Thank you very much.But I donot know where to put the Microsoft code or I donot need to use that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,039 Views)

What microsoft code? Second obtuse reference in this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,036 Views)

I mean Microsoft C code.Okay,I will see

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,029 Views)

Use C if you are more comfortable with that than LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,024 Views)