From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update data to excel in runtime with LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit

hi,All

i am using LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit,and a newer.i want to insert the data in excel for every loop.

so at first,need to creat a excel file(xxx).and when every loop end,the test data can be insert into the file(xxx).when the test finished,the file will be saved.

i have seen the examples in LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit, all of them need to creat a new file.i need update the data in the same file.

can you give me some advances for that?

my labview's version is 8.5 and LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit's version is 1.1.0.

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,101 Views)

Hi cat099,

One question, why don't you store data of each loop, say in shift register and update all data in excel  at once when your test is finished.

It will be easy. Or else, if you want to build same functionality as you mentioned, then you can build your own vi to write in excel. No need to use report generation toolkit.

See attached example.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,030 Views)

Hi

Did you try using the "write to spreadsheet" option in the File i/o palette?

That works better and is easier to implement.

Vijay Chand Ganti

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,022 Views)

cat099,

Opening an existing Excel file is pretty easly.  'New Report.vi' has an input named 'Template'.  Use this input to open an existing file.  This can be either a .xls or .xlt Excel file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,008 Views)

do you have a 7.1 version of the example?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,967 Views)

Hello Gaurav,

Excellent Its working fineSmiley Happy

Is there any option to find the last row of the active work sheet and then add content after the last row+1.

Regards,

Vivek G.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,033 Views)

@vivek1006058 wrote:

Is there any option to find the last row of the active work sheet and then add content after the last row+1.

Yes.  Look at the Excel-specific Functions on the Report Generation Toolkit Palette and choose the one with the "obvious" name.  Read its help description to find out exactly how it works.  Put a little of your own effort into solving your problem (it really isn't that difficult -- it might take you 1-2 minutes of your time ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,023 Views)