LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to switch off ni web services

I enabled the NIweb services by checking "Enable Web Server" in Tools/Options/Web Server: Configuration. As I do not need this functionality I disabled the feature, but still my compiled applications create a "niwebserver.conf" file causing a runtime error. How can I disable the Web Services function?

Andreas L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,692 Views)

Hi Andreas,

Exit LabVIEW. Rename your labview.ini file to something (to back it up). Ensure that there is no labview.ini file beside labview.exe. Now launch LabVIEW. If you are still getting an error, the error is not due to web services. We'll require more information to solve the problem. 

If the problem persist, please try repairing the LabVIEW installation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,676 Views)

I deleted the LabView.ini file and started LabView again. I created a new build of my application. It still creates the niwebserver.conf file, which causes a runtime error.

Andreas L

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,660 Views)
Could you please attach the screenshot of the error here? Also, please attach the conf file.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,654 Views)

hello,

i also have that file when i untick the web services. What is NI web services main function actually?

Thanks,

zull

NI LabVIEW 8.6 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,569 Views)

Thanks NitinD! This worked for me, had the same issue. Just to add: it looks like the niwebserver.conf file gets built with an app if there is the same .conf file present in the LabVIEW program folder

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(865 Views)