From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop debuging

Hello,

I'm debugging a software program with a sub VI that is creating a popup screen. There is some kind of error in it that makes the LabView debugger crash. I can only click on the popup but can’t go to the block diagram or the front panel anymore. I can’t even close the popup.

Is there some way to stop debugging with a hotkey?

Thanks,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,416 Views)
Hi Jeroen,
      It sounds like there's a VI with its Window behaviour set to "Modal".  It's panel is open, but program execution is somewhere else. Smiley Sad

One way to deal with this recurring situation might be to open the Modal VI in edit mode and change it's "Window Behaviour" from "Modal" to "Floating" - see VI Properties\Windows Appearance\Customize.  It will still pop-up and stay in foreground when it executes, but it won't block mouse clicks on underlying panels! Smiley Happy (it will behave just like the task-manager window.)  Once your app is debugged, you'll probably want to set the VI back to Modal behaviour. Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Message Edited by tbd on 03-10-2007 12:11 AM

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,403 Views)

That's it!! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,377 Views)