LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop a second while loop when the condition in the first one is met for different VIs

Hi, am running two seperate Vi's. am new to labview so please help accordingly.

I have introduced a comparison test  in one Vi through ashift register. i would like now the second Vi to stop when this comparison condition in the first Vi is met. 

I dont want the first Vi to stop, it should only stop the second Vi while awaiting for the next input.

waiting for your help guys

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,454 Views)

Upload your VI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,448 Views)

Hi alex,

you could use notifiers. Or queues. Or even a local variable of the second loop's stop condition…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,442 Views)

Hi!

Its hard to tell exactly what you need, since we dont have your code. But in general, you need some kind of synchronisation mechanism. You can for example use, notifiers or ques.

Have a look at the supplied examples that comes with LabVIEW (or check out the produce/consumer template).

best regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,441 Views)

Thanks so much guys. am now starting to pick some ideas. i have attached the Vis as requested for best identification of the help.

waiting help guys

best regards

Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,424 Views)

Hi Alex,

now I clearly suggest a notifier…

And I suggest too to reduce the usage of local variables (and "value" properties) to a minimum…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,417 Views)

Thanks GerdW,

I would too like to reduce on the property nodes,  but this is the program from the manufucturer that comes with the device, am trying my level best to adjust it to fit my needs. so many case structures interlinked with the property nodes. this has been my challange too. 

But thanks for your advice

best regards

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,410 Views)