LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to split signal into xy components

i am simulating a digital signal and viewing it on a graph, I would like to input x and receive the corresponding y coordinate.

I have a attched a screen shot.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,811 Views)

That makes no sense. The Simulate Signal does not create a digital signal. It can only create an analog (sine, square, triangle) and converting that to a 2D array does not make any sense either. The output signal, if you really understood the evil dynamic data, is a Y array with a start time and a dt. There is no x array and y array. I would suggest you convert to a waveform data type and use some of the waveform functions. For example, the user can specify time and you can calculate the index based on the dt of the signal.

p.s. Why did you post a pdf? Attach an image directly (as a snippet) or the actual VI. No one can debug a pdf.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,795 Views)

I understand what you said, but I am having trouble coding it; this is exactly what I want to do: specify a time and get the coresponding value of the amplitude.

How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,738 Views)

Look into the Get Waveform Subset.  If you set the duration to 1 sample (or dt if indexing by relative time), you should only get 1 element.  Just use Array Index and you got your value.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,729 Views)

Hi hello,

Look at this thread also:-

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/split-signal-into-XY-components/td-p/1419244

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,724 Views)