From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to solve an error 15550 this happens as am executing my VI to get a file from FTP Saver

I want to move the file from the FTP saver to local PC , but am getting the error 15550  with the source FTP Transaction : 550 the parameter is incorrect, i have attached the VI and the word documents containing the errors that i get as i execute the VI

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(5,599 Views)

Leaving LabVIEW out of the equation can you FTP with an FTP client without errors?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(5,593 Views)

Hi Nassor,

Your local path and remote path should both contain filenames, not directory names, as you are currently not specifying a file to send.

For example, to send a file called test.dat in the /data directory, you should set the local path to "/data/test.dat".

The same should be the case for the remote path.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(5,593 Views)

yes it was working fine with FTP saver and FTP client, thank you for the help let me work out on the advice, 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(5,584 Views)

Hi LaThoS,

I have done it now am getting the error 7, please see the attached word doc with the  VI front panel, 

Regards

nassor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,581 Views)

Hi LaThoS,

Error 7 typically translates to File Not Found. Can you double check that the file path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer? Also double check that the path is formatted correctly. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux.

Thanks, 

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(5,566 Views)

Hi Nassor,

I think the problem is now coming from the fact you have used an absolute file path for the remote host. You should only use a relative path ("\ftpdata\test.xlsx"), as this gets concatenated with the host IP to form, in your case, "196.44.162.161\ftpdata\test.xlsx".

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(5,556 Views)

Hi Kaitlin N,

I have checked with the path for both FTP saver and FTP client and they are all ok i did this using the command prompt also the path separators were  correctly written but i still get error 7.

Thank you for the contribution.

Regards

Nassor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(5,542 Views)

Hi Laurence Stant,

i have re written the remote path as you suggested, remote path i putten like this ''41.86.165.150\ftpdata\test.xlsx'' and the local path was ''C:\seismicdata\test.xlsx'' but still i get Error 7. I have attached the front panel of my VI with all the filled information also the Error displayed. 

Thank you for the help.

Kind Regards

nassor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(5,537 Views)

Hi Nassor,

It seems I may have been confusing. You should put the IP address as the host (as you are now), but only "\ftpdata\test.xlsx" as the remote path.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(5,534 Views)