LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to show x and y position on a xy graph??

Hi,

I am dealing with a project that monitors the x and y position on a touch screen. The touch screen interpretes the position as 4 voltage outputs from its 4 corners, and by mathematical manipulation, we can now convert them back to the x and y positions. Then we want to plot these x and y positions on a xy plot, and people suggest us to use xy graph function. Then the problem comes: the xy graph function requires input as array, but i don't know how to make my analog input into array. If anybody has any idea, could you please let me know? Thanks a million!

Xiaofei
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,644 Views)
Build Array should do it if I'm understanding you correctly.
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,632 Views)
Hi, thanks a lot for your answer.

Sorry i forget to state that we also need to keep the track of position on the plot, so if we use the "build array" and "bundle" functions with the xy graph, there will be only a single point showing up on the plot indicating the current position. So is there a way to keep the previous position on the screen, i mean sth like buffering? Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,623 Views)
You can use the Express XY Graph. You can wire scalars to the input and it will append new values as long as you don't wire a True to the Reset input. You can also look at the shipping example called XY Chart. That VI has a buffer similar to the history of the regular chart.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,614 Views)

You can use the "built xy graph" express VI. (Simply place the xy-graph from the express palette and it will appear).

You can also built your graph in a shift register. For simplicity, I would use a complex array in this case.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,611 Views)