LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to share folders in remote pcs using labview

how to share folders remotely using labview?

If there is any connection problem, how to read the file continuosly till there is a signal and get the data?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,679 Views)

Sharing folders is done in Windows environment. You have to map the remote computer. Once it is mapped, you can point to the drive in LabVIEW and read the file continuously.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,646 Views)

You address the file just like you would in Windows.

So if you had a remote computer with a shared folder with a text file, your path would be "\\Remove Computer Name\shared driver\blah.txt".  Windows handles almost all of the work.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 7
(3,643 Views)

@veena236 wrote:

how to share folders remotely using labview?

If there is any connection problem, how to read the file continuosly till there is a signal and get the data?

Are you meaning to simply access files on your local or intranet network (such as from servers that offer SMB or AFP connections)?  Or are you meaning to connect to a remote server on the internet and communicate with it over TCP/IP or UDP to get files?  When you say "till there is a signal", it makes me think of file transfer over the internet or WiFi or Bluetooth...

In any case, above two would have completely different approach, others have already answered if you're trying to access folders within your intranet or local network.

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,627 Views)

thanks to you everyone for your suggestions

let me post my question in detail

i want to share folder containing files which are unknown to me, only information present is the name of the folder

i am just trying to access on local intranet network

here is the enclosure of program which can read and write text file continuously but i want the same with folders

that is accessing all the files present in a folder remotely

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,610 Views)

You could just use Copy File.  It would be a lot simpler than reading the file and appending to your second file every second.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,591 Views)

thanks a lot i got it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,581 Views)