LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set up vi to read computer time

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to record data of a graph of temperature versus time. I have set up my VI just like in the attached photo. and used waveform chart but that only gave me a certain period of time so I switched to waveform graph, however I can't get the x-axis (which is time) to read the same time of the computer and date for a period of about an hour to an hour and a half. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be appreciated

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,861 Views)

Please attach an actual VI.  When youi use Express VI's like the DAQ Assistant, and the Dynamic Datatype wire, so much stuff is hidden behind the scenes, a screenshot of what otherwise looks like pretty basic code tells us nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,830 Views)

Also, why do you have a To Dynamic Data Type Express VI in there?  You are going from a blue DDT wire that is then being coerced (red dot) to an array of waveforms that is then being turned back into a DDT wire with that Express VI.  We can't see what actual conversion is going on in there, but that may be the reason you are losing timing information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,811 Views)

change your x-axis to display format to absolute time and set your x-axis offset and multiplier.  Offset is time started collecting data and multiplier is the sample rate in seconds. So for example 0.1 sec is every 100 milliseconds. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,801 Views)

I'm not sure what do you mean by actual VI, I have attached a picture of the whole front panel of the VI file. As for the wiring, I don't have lots of knowledge on how to build the block diagram so that's what I came up with.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,799 Views)

I have already did that and set the offset to 0 and multiplier to 1 but still the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,798 Views)

If your sample rate is 1 second that is the correct multiplier. On the timing palette use get system time and convert to a dbl. Use the time stamp from the sampling device if it is correct time. Or create a time stamp at start of sampling. Offset_mult.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,792 Views)

fotowat@uwindsor.ca wrote:

I'm not sure what do you mean by actual VI, I have attached a picture of the whole front panel of the VI file. As for the wiring, I don't have lots of knowledge on how to build the block diagram so that's what I came up with.

Ummm....  The file that LabVIEW actually saves with the extension .vi  ..........    Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 12
(3,781 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

fotowat@uwindsor.ca wrote:

Ummm....  The file that LabVIEW actually saves with the extension .vi  ..........    Smiley Frustrated

Just like this isn't xml code.not helpful.PNG

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,773 Views)

Is this the file you're looking for?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,764 Views)