LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set the horizontal config in PXI 5152 to time/div

I'm using the PXI 5152 and want to create my own front panel for the same. However I could not figure out how to provide the Time/div option for the horizontal configuration.
Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
ND
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,410 Views)
Hi ND,

The Time/Div knob on the soft front panel is used to determine the sample rate of the acquisition.  The Time/Div knob multiplied by 10 (Specifically on the Soft Front Panel because the graph has 10 sections) to give you the total acquisition time.  The soft front panel takes the total number of samples (Edit » Device Configuration and under the Horizontal Tab there is the record length) divided by the total acquisition time to programmatically determine and set the sample rate.  If you are using LabVIEW, you will need to setup your graph to a specific number of sections and total size to accomplish this task.  You will also need to programmatically set the sample rate for each acquisition based on the record length and Time/Div value.  If you are using LabWindows CVI, take a look here at another thread that discusses a way to implement the knob. 

I hope this helps,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,388 Views)
Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I needed to confirm.

Regards,
ND
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,378 Views)