Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send an email from a VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Off the topic...

Prashanth,

Seems you are from IIT. If so, from which?

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 50
(3,110 Views)

Off the topic...

Prashanth,

Seems you are from IIT. If so, from which?

Partha,
Gladly CLAD!
How do you guess his name when it is prash?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 50
(3,105 Views)

..off the topic

Hello Partha,

u r right. I am from IIT Roorkee. I completed my m.tech here. Presently, I am working as Senior research fellow here in the same campus. I am working on a project  "Virtual Lab for Digtial Image Processing"(using labview).

What about u..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 50
(3,104 Views)

Hi muks,

See his signature here. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 50
(3,101 Views)

Hi muks,

See his signature here. :smileywink:

And to think i replied in that thread. Hmmm.....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 50
(3,083 Views)

Dont worry much, muks...

Ignorance is bliss! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 50
(3,078 Views)

back on topic:

The OP asked about just sending email, not necessarily Gmail which requires the .NET stuff.

Regarding errors: I have found that McAfee (antivirus) can stop a 3rd party software from doing SMTP. Your IT department can put a block on outgoing items not sent in Outlook or whatever the "official" client is. If the native LabVIEW email functions have unexplained errors, this is something to look into.

Richard

Message 17 of 50
(3,076 Views)

Harold Timmis wrote:
hope this helps:

Harold... Check your Gmail!!  Smiley Surprised
Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 09-16-2009 07:28 AM
Richard

Message 18 of 50
(3,071 Views)

prashiit wrote:

I want to know how to send an email from VI. I am using Labview 8.6 . I tried some examples also. But when I run those VIs, I getting errror. It is smtp server error. I dont have any idea about how to change smtp server settings. Can any body tell step by step procedure to accomplish this task.. 

Further, I need send an attachment with this email...

What examples did you try? The .NET version was posted here, but it seems you do not have .NET. Did you try the email VIs that ship with LabVIEW? Did you use other VIs? Does your SMTP server require authentication? Does it require SSL?

If it requires authentication, then the SMTP VIs that ship with LabVIEW will not work. You will need to use either the .NET version, or the OpenG SMTP VIs. I posted a corrected version of them here.

If your SMTP server requires SSL, then you will have to use either the .NET version, or you can use stunnel, as discussed in this thread.

Message 19 of 50
(3,046 Views)

Hi,

This thread caught my eye as I was looking into the same thing not too long ago.  Our IT department blocks smtp access, so I couldn't use the gmail solution, but what  did do is request a "test" outlook email account, and found the attached vi on one of the forums.  I just installed outlook on one of our test stations, configured it as usual per our IT settings, and it works fine.

David Jenkinson

Message 20 of 50
(3,034 Views)